If you think radio has had its day, then you are sorely mistaken. Even in an internet age there are certain types of media that will never die.
That’s why we’ve built a team of radio experts who know how to position your brand’s key messages across broadcast channels. Our lifestyle news agency, News Data Network, has built excellent relationships with broadcast journalists and producers to ensure we deliver the best radio reach in the market.
For those who still need a bit of convincing, here are statistics from Radio Joint Audience Research (RAJAR) for the last three months of 2014, which demonstrate the scale of coverage that can be gained from radio PR.
- Radio is the most listened-to form of media before 5pm with a bigger reach than press or TV
- 89% of the UK population tune in to the radio every week
- 47.9 million adults listen to radio each week
- 26 million adults have access to a DAB receiver – up 10% year-on-year
- The listenership share of digital radio is up 6% compared to 2013, with 27.8 million people now tuning into radio via a digitally-enabled receiver (DAB, DTV, Online)
The total average number of weekly hours listened to radio for this quarter is 1.03 Billion.
- 22% of adults listen to radio via mobile phones or tablets – up 38% year-on-year